Here’s a rare find: a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Toyota Hilux Quadcab Pickup. The engine is a 2.8-liter diesel, mated to a 5-speed manual, and a 2-speed transfer case. Four doors, a short bed, and the seller claims this is the commercial model of this truck. Maybe that’s why the ad mentions a factory solid front axle? What’s not to love?
Well, Japanese market means right-hand drive. Also it’s for sale in Canada and still a year away from legal import status to the United States.
Upgrades include diff breathers and an Old Man Emu (OME) suspension, dampers, and bushings. The truck has 189,000 km on the clock, sounds to be well maintained, and can be found on Craigslist in Vancouver for CAD$19,000.
Many more photos and the original ad text after the jump.
Original ad text:
Hi, you are looking at a listing for a RHD 1991 Toyota Hilux Diesel Pickup.
Very clean inside and out. White exterior and Gray interior.
– Quad Cab short bed, very rare body style
– Factory-installed Front Solid Axle (not swapped, not retro-fitted)
– 2.8L Diesel (Hino 3L motor)
– 5 speed manual trans – 4×4 Hi/Lo – 4.30 gears
– Aisin manual locking hubs
– Class 3 trailer hitch
– Very robust commercial model
– Factory headache rack and anchored bedrails
– 189,xxx original Km’s
– No accidents at all
– No body / frame rust, only minor stains
– Rust prevention (Rock-guard frame + underbody)
– Rock-guarded bedliner
– One fabric rip on the Driver’s seat bolster
– All new fluids and filters
– Replaced starter, glow plug relay, voltage regulator
– More than $10,000 worth of receipt of professional service done at ATEB
– Includes all documentation since original landing in Canada
Aftermarket parts installed:
– Diff breathers
– Old Man Emu (OME) Nitrocharger extended shocks F+R
– OME Dakar Front 50mm lift springs
– OME Dakar Rear 50mm Heavy Duty lift springs
– OME polyurethane shackle bushings F+R
– OME Nitrocharger steering dampeners
– 31×10.5 Yokohama Geolandar tires with 80%+ tread
The truck is a daily driver, and only has minor wear on the corners. Extreme detail for upkeep.
So, in a nutshell:
Very good condition, legendary off-road capability. Needs nothing.